War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Crunkmas

Since I hadn't posted in a while I thought I would take some time out this holiday season to crank everybody’s paranoia levels up into the red. Please, don't thank me.

This surveillance issue is serious business and while it is definitely bad for our civil liberties it is also becoming increasingly likely that it will be just as bad for the Bush administration. Perhaps they would do well to read Nixon's resignation speech:
"In all the decisions I have made in my public life, I have always tried to do what was best for the Nation. [...] As I recall the high hopes for America with which we began this second term, I feel a great sadness that I will not be here in this office working on your behalf to achieve those hopes in the next 21/2 years." --Some Asshole
Bush resigning... That would be like Christmas every day for a year. My only concern is that I might have to start believing in God again.

Bush on the shame plane isn't likely, but I know the Times is eager join the big game club so exclusive that it counts the Post as its only member, so my hope remains alive, and I'm sure the stories will keep coming.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?